- Soca 2019! -

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our las lap - Caribfest!

Barrie's Caribfest was a true fun & friendly vibes carnival. It saw an increase in masqueraders this year, perhaps since Hamilton's Mardigras didn't happen. I'm glad the word got out, and I certainly hope it continues to attract more Toronto bands. I believe when you've gone once, you'll return.

Getting there should be easy, but being on a Saturday morning, you sit in bumper to bumper traffic with all the cottagers. It took us
hr. to finally get there, so by the time we reached the parade, it was 1:30. The (Caribana) competition was over and a cooperative spirit was felt as Saldenah & Carnival Nationz jumped up together since CNz had problems with their music truck. Trini-in-Toronto & I still got in more than an hour with the band(s) and it was such a wonderful time!

Caribfest has everything I want in a carnival - a manageable amount of masqueraders, the spectators that do jump in are respectable & in small numbers, a parade through the streets & downtown, and you wind up at a beach park. There you find food, a beer tent, entertainment, fair rides, artists & craft vendors, and the beach!! What's not to like?
Everyone plays mas in this family!

Ouch!

posing with the knives, hah hah very Warrior like
(this is going to be an annual picture lol!)

Two of my favourite things together! Carnival & chocolate!


So what did you think of Caribfest?


If you'd like your Caribfest pictures included in the slide show I'm going to display on the blog, email them to me: karabana01@yahoo.ca

3 comments:

Chris De La Rosa said...

Nice traffic getting there, nice people, nice vibes all around. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Trini-in-Toronto said...

Nice traffic?????

Mark my words, next year,we are leaving home at 10am. The vibes was real nice,

Anonymous said...

Wow, so Tribal Knights did end up going? Next year I'm gonna go to all the festivals I can. I feel bad for missing out on this one.

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory