- Soca 2019! -

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Carnival Nationz Band Launch - L.O.V.E.


Another nice new venue for a band launch, Chateau Le Jardin, which we appreciated is in Vaughan. The freezing rain kept the usual larger crowd away unfortunately. They didn't start until 1:50 though, and wrapped up at 3:30. We applaud the proper lighting, which is crucial, and the models who posed in and danced the vivid costumes so well. 
Nationz design team gave their masqueraders a lot of what they love: strong headpieces & backpacks, well made body suits, jewels and of course, feathers. 


Gaia






A lighter backpack still with strong appeal. 


 





Come Together 


I like seeing attractive tops such as this, gives us a change from the bra. 















Freedom 

 








 



Life  












Justice




 

 

 

I love all costumes in this section. 💛 💜 The colour mix is fantastic, the unique design of the yellow & clear bottoms, the heart shaped wire bra, backpacks & headpieces, and the pretty one piece. They've got high waisted or string bottoms, and chaps. Clear winner! 👏





Fight the Power




 



 

Ocean Bliss







Empower



Stunning sparkly feathered cape. 

 



Lovely body suit. 




Paradise









Nirvana














Zen





Hereo






 






Soul










Imagine







3 comments:

Shakera said...

I’m wearing the EMPOWER ultra frontline to my wedding.

Unknown said...

I love everything going on here! I am amazed...they got me...I see my self jumping ships this year!

Karabana said...

Too funny Shakera! But I so can see that! :-D
That's great Tiffany!

Caribana 2010 slideshow

Mardi Gras, Hamilton

Mardi Gras, Hamilton
2004

Blog Archive

J'ouvert 2008!

J'ouvert 2008!

Mardi Gras 2010

Buublenut, Megan & Karabana at Caribana 2007!

http://www.westindiantube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bcbeece3d9128ae855 a7

BlogCatalog

Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory